Hirdetés

Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• S_x96x_S

őstag

válasz martonx #14 üzenetére

> Ahogy a hír célzott rá, rövid időn belül még a gyártását is beszünteti.

Abu se irta, hogy a Micron a gyártás beszüntetését tervezi; szerintem nem is célzott rá.

Nyilvános, hogy a Micronnak veszteséges a 3D Xpoint gyártása , mert nem éri el a méretgazdaságosságot és a gyár csak részben termel - azt is az Intelnek.
    Viszont a Micron is látja a 3D Xpoint jövőjét.
    Nem fogja beszüntetni a gyártást ... maximum lélegeztetőgépen tartja egy ideig, amig a piac meg nem jelenik ... vagy sikerül a gazdaságos gyártás ...

seekingAplha

David Zinsner
    So we're in really early stages. I would say that. We still have not had any meaningful revenue outside of wafers that we're selling to our prior partner in 3D XPoint, Intel. So still a ways to go. We did announce a product. It had great performance. But as always, these first products are more just to get the product out there, get the performance that we want, then we got to continually move to better generations that have better cost structure and also hopefully increase the performance. That's really where we are, I think, in the progress of 3D XPoint. I think for the next couple of years, it's probably not going to be a meaningful portion of our revenue as we kind of build out the portfolio and work on the cost side of things. But eventually, we're fairly optimistic about this business. And I would say the early read from customers, we obviously are working with some of the really big players in the space with this technology. The early read has been very positive, quite honestly, about it. But like all emerging technologies, adoption takes some time to get the use cases to the right place and get the cost and the performance at the right place. And -- but we're optimistic we'll get there.

Mark Newman
    Is the gross margin positive? Or is it still negative on 3D XPoint? Or is it just not even -- it's not even relevant at this point?

David Zinsner
    It's not relevant other than to say we also have a fab associated with 3D XPoint that is only a portion of it's being utilized to run wafers for Intel. The rest of the fab is not running anything significant until we really get to a better place on the product side. So there is overhead associated with that, that are kind of a negative to our gross margins. We have been working on the kind of the cost structure of that fab. And I think we peaked out at around $155 million or so in the third quarter of underload charges associated with that fab. They were down in the fourth quarter to more like $135 million. They'll probably be down again in the first quarter. So the good news is, well, it is a big number and it is negative to our gross margins. It's a number that's going down. And so it is actually in some ways, a tailwind for us. And now, ultimately, when products start to ramp, then it becomes a non-event for us.

Mottó: "A verseny jó!"

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák