Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• WN31RD

addikt

válasz talmida #357 üzenetére

Nem fogalmaztam elég világosan. Nem arról van szó, hogy szerintem a ''kis bűn'' nem számít, és ezért nem látok ''vétkes'' embert magam körül. Tényleg egészen mást értek ez alatt.

Konkrétan leginkább nem is gondolkodok ilyen fogalmakban, de ha mindenképpen filozófiai magasságokba emelkedve ''bűnről'', ''vétkességről'', ''rosszról'' kell beszélni, akkor Raymond M. Smullyan (akinek a gondolatait egyébként igen sokra tartom) tanmeséjében megfogalmazottak sokkal szimpatikusabbak számomra:

God:
    [...] All sentient beings ultimately approach the state which might be called ''angelhood.'' But just as the race of human beings is in a certain stage of biologic evolution, so angels are simply the end result of a process of Cosmic Evolution. The only difference between the so-called saint and the so-called sinner is that the former is vastly older than the latter. Unfortunately it takes countless life cycles to learn what is perhaps the most important fact of the universe -- evil is simply painful. All the arguments of the moralists -- all the alleged reasons why people shouldn't commit evil acts -- simply pale into insignificance in light of the one basic truth that evil is suffering.

No, my dear friend, I am not a moralist. I am wholly a utilitarian. That I should have been conceived in the role of a moralist is one of the great tragedies of the human race. My role in the scheme of things (if one can use this misleading expression) is neither to punish nor reward, but to aid the process by which all sentient beings achieve ultimate perfection.

Mortal:
    Why did you say your expression is misleading?

God:
    What I said was misleading in two respects. First of all it is inaccurate to speak of my role in the scheme of things. I am the scheme of things. Secondly, it is equally misleading to speak of my aiding the process of sentient beings attaining enlightenment. I am the process. The ancient Taoists were quite close when they said of me (whom they called ''Tao'') that I do not do things, yet through me all things get done. In more modem terms, I am not the cause of Cosmic Process, I am Cosmic Process itself. I think the most accurate and fruitful definition of me which man can frame -- at least in his present state of evolution -- is that I am the very process of enlightenment. Those who wish to think of the devil (although I wish they wouldn't!) might analogously define him as the unfortunate length of time the process takes. In this sense, the devil is necessary; the process simply does take an enormous length of time, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. But, I assure you, once the process is more correctly understood, the painful length of time will no longer be regarded as an essential limitation or an evil. It will be seen to be the very essence of the process itself. I know this is not completely consoling to you who are now in the finite sea of suffering, but the amazing thing is that once you grasp this fundamental attitude, your very finite suffering will begin to diminish -- ultimately to the vanishing point.

(Sajnos magyarul nincs meg, de számodra nyilván nem gond az angol nyelv.)

''... we as consumers want our content free (as in Freedom) and if we don't get it, we'll take our content free (as in beer).''

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák