Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• S_x96x_S

őstag

#versenytárs ; #X86 utasítások
    Linus Torvalds megátkozta az AVX512-öt. :Y

Linus Torvalds: "I Hope AVX512 Dies A Painful Death"
    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linus-Torvalds-On-AVX-512

"I hope AVX512 dies a painful death, and that Intel starts fixing real problems instead of trying to create magic instructions to then create benchmarks that they can look good on.

I hope Intel gets back to basics: gets their process working again, and concentrate more on regular code that isn't HPC or some other pointless special case.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: in the heyday of x86, when Intel was laughing all the way to the bank and killing all their competition, absolutely everybody else did better than Intel on FP loads. Intel's FP performance sucked (relatively speaking), and it matter not one iota.

And AVX512 has real downsides. I'd much rather see that transistor budget used on other things that are much more relevant. Even if it's still FP math (in the GPU, rather than AVX512). Or just give me more cores (with good single-thread performance, but without the garbage like AVX512) like AMD did. :K

"

Mottó: "A verseny jó!"

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák