Hirdetés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• tobias88888

őstag

válasz Raymond #9809 üzenetére

Itt a negatív kritika:

"Well that didn't take long

Got it. Unpacked it. Installed it. Tried it. Going back in the box

If you were like me and hoping this would be a step up from the Rift, well it kind of is but mostly isn't. Before I get into it, here are my disclaimers and VR history so you know where I'm coming from.

I have owned the Rift DK2, which I sent back due to poor resolution. I picked up a CV1 and was happy enough with it that I sold two of my screens and committed to racing only in the Rift. I was reasonably happy with it, but always longed for a more comfortable experience and of course better resolution. I really like the immersion that comes with the 3D aspect of VR, but I never totally got past the terrible resolution. That and the comfort factor ultimately led me back to triple 1440p screens and I sold my CV1.

Now on to the Samsung. As mentioned, I was hoping the bump in resolution would be enough to get me back over the hump there, and I can confirm that it is a noticeable improvement. It is also more comfortable to wear and I think I could use it for longer periods without it being overly bothersome. Sadly, there are other issues. The increased clarity is nice, but there is a very small sweet spot in the center of your view where you benefit from that. As you move your eyes even a little away from center things start to get blurry. It gets extremely blurry and a little warped as you approach the outer edges of your FOV. In addition to that there are noticeable rings (a side effect of the lenses I believe) as you move your eyes off center. These rings are a little hard to describe but they are distortions in the image and once you see them (not hard!) they really look awful. In addition to that there were large cloudy/blotchy areas in my peripheral view. Again I suspect these were down to the lenses but I can't be sure. All in all, I felt the Rift CV1 was a more consistent and better overall experience despite it's shortcomings. I found it a difficult decision to sell my Rift but returning the Samsung is a no-brainer for me.

As should always be advised when it comes to VR hardware, please don't take my little blurb as the final word. This is a very subjective experience and you can only decide for yourself when you have the chance to try it out. If you live near a Microsoft store I would definitely recommend going in and giving one a try before you buy. Otherwise there is always the return policy which I'm about to take advantage of.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the colors do look good so the overall display quality being used is quite good I believe. Also, I tried to confuse the tracking by moving my steering wheel around while in Mixed Reality and it had no apparent effect. I found the tracking overall to be very smooth so I suspect for sim-racing at least we do not need to worry about the lack of sensors."

[ Szerkesztve ]

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák